Saturday, August 20, 2016

Topic 14: How should I speak to my wife?

     What language do you use around your spouse? How should you speak to your spouse? I know that these are probably easy to answer. That does not mean that we should avoid them. So let's talk about them!

     If you have read Topic 3 this relates in some aspects to the ideas shared in that post. Basically guys you should not be a different person with or without your spouse. Speak to them the way that you speak to everyone and visa versa, if you don't swear around your spouse then don't swear around anyone. Be consistent, that builds trust.

     In addition to that, your words need to uplift your spouse. Never speak down to them. I myself sometimes say things in a tone that is perceived as degrading. I don't mean to and I apologize immediately afterward because I don't want my wife to feel like that. The important thing is being concious of how your words affect your spouse. You are a team, you chose to love and cherish them forever. Remember that next time you are about to say something that may hurt their feelings.

     The moral of the story is to be honest with your spouse. Build them up in word and action. The whole point is to help one another to become more like our Heavenly Father, speak to your spouse in such a way that they will be able to feel that.

     Rmember, happiness starts in YOUR home! Have a great end to your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment