Sunday, May 29, 2016

Topic 10: Why am I so weird!?

     Alright guys and gals, let's get a little bit crazy this week. Firstly I want to say, I am a little bit strange. Ask my wife, she'll tell you. Being married has made me notice the little things that I didn't even know that I did that are just, well, weird! Let's talk about how your quirks play into your relationship. Here we go!

      I am going to open up to you guys right now, you are about to learn some of my weird habits. Please, feel free to poke fun at my weirdness.

     I never noticed this before Brandi pointed it out, but how do you guys fold your clothes? I fold my shirts in half and line up the sleeves. Then I fold them into thirds and put them away like that! I also fold my pants in half across the waist. I then fold them into thirds length wise. Once again, that's just how I do it! I don't know why. What I do know is that I fold only my own cloths because we both are particular about how they are folded.

     Next up, I probably have one of the more childish ways of retorting to my wife. What I mean is, she could say something like, "Kyle, will you feed the dogs please?". To which I would likely respond "I do what I want". I do it in a playful way, most of the time I begin whatever the task is that was asked of me, it's just fun to give her a hard time you know? I frankly have no idea why I do that.

     I could go on for days with things that I do, but I'll wrap it up with this last one. The way that I make the bed. Yes, it is different that how my lovely wife does it. For me it's more about getting the bedding on the bed without wrinkles than actual functionality. I put everything on as it should go, but I usually don't tuck anything in (except the fitted sheet obviously). Brandi however likes to tuck the blanket around the bed so that it looks more clean. She also likes the sheet and blanket to be about halfway up the pillows so that her head pokes out, but she still gets full coverage. I had never even thought that much into it. As I said, if it's on the bed in the correct order and laid how it's meant to be then BOOM! It's done.

     I'm telling you these things because they are important to recognize in marriage. There is no "right" or "wrong" way of doing those things, only your way.  We are all weird in our own ways, that's what makes us unique. Be accepting! If your spouse does things a different way than how you would do them, you ought to laugh about it. You married that weirdo. Enjoy them! Marriage has enough stress without picking each other apart for such small and silly things. Laugh a little. That is my advice.

     Have a great day! Don't forget, happiness starts in YOUR home!

This was on our wonderful honeymoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment