Saturday, January 30, 2016

Topic 2: Am I "Whipped"?

     We are just moving right along with these blog posts, it is crazy to think that this is my third one and that I need to post another one tomorrow! Anyway, this is topic number two and the topic for today is as you can see about being "whipped". Many guys don't like when this word is used to describe their part of the relationship, but is it really that bad? Why might it even be a good thing? Based on my experience it is actually an excellent quality to have. Let me explain.
   
     For any of you who do not know, being whipped is, as the urban dictionary says "being completely controlled by your girlfriend or boyfriend, in most cases a guy being completely controlled by his girlfriend." I am not sure if that is everybody's definition of it, the way that I have always viewed it is someone (boy or girl) being willing to do anything that their significant other asks and being controlled by them in that way. Don't get me wrong, there are obviously unhealthy types of control that some individuals exercise over others, but I'm just talking about doing anything for your significant other. I am going to admit some things to you all, some may say that I've lost my "man card" but I don't think so. There have been times in the past where Brandi has asked me if she can paint my nails or if she can put some makeup on me just for fun. Now, don't get me wrong I wouldn't say that I enjoyed it, but I will say that it made her feel really good just know that I'm not afraid to let her have some girly fun with me. After all she is a woman. She spends almost all of her time with me! She needs some kind of outlet for her female inclinations.
   
     There are some other things that letting her do to me would classify me as being "whipped". There are some people that would say that I'm "whipped" because I ask her if I can go out with the boys, or because I decide not to go out when she doesn't really want to be without me. My question is though, why is it such a big deal to be willing to do those things? I have learned that it's really not a  big deal. My wife is my best friend, and she supports me in everything that I am ambitious about. I don't think that the word "whipped" is a word that should even be used, because in today's society you can't be faithful, loyal, or respectful to your spouse without being seen as being under her supreme control. Why is that?  I listen to my wife's point of view and respect her opinion, I also want to make her feel like I care about her and am willing to compromise with her. If that defines me as being "whipped" then you can call me what you will. However, I see it as being a good spouse. Being willing to submit to what your spouse wants and hopes for is part of what being married is all about! Even though I have missed out on some fun with the boys and have had my nails painted and had makeup on my face, I don't feel any less manly or any less conscious of what I want because I submit to what my wife wants or needs. Respect her decisions and be equal partners in planning for events. You need to communicate things to her even if it is just you going out to be with your friends.
   
     We are going to end here, but for all of those who think that their friends are weak or that they themselves are weak for being "whipped" just think about this, would you want your significant other to make sure that you are okay with them going out or letting you have your kind of fun with them when you need to express yourself? Obviously there are more ways to be "controlled" by your partner and more aspects of your life that are encompassed by this subject. I think most of us will find that we are all "whipped" in one way or another, and I think that we should all realize that it is not always a bad thing. Just think about that this week and comment or write me your thoughts on this topic! I would love to hear what you all have to say!


Did I take her to a Harry Potter Halloween party because she wanted to go? Why yes, yes I did!


No comments:

Post a Comment